About this Episode
COVID Survivor’s Miracle Story and difference between backslider and lukewarm Christian are the topics we will be discussing on RIOT Podcast, a Christian Discipleship Podcast today. We are joined with our special guest Mauricio Sarria who shares his story how the Lord revealed himself to him while fighting Covid and experienced a miracle.
What happens when we try to have one foot in the Kingdom and one foot in the world? What happens when we try to live for God and, at the same time, try to please people or even try to please our own flesh? People always ask how do I know if I am a lukewarm Christian? Sometimes a person is a new believer and is still trying to learn the ways of God but others have known about Jesus for a long time. We say known about Jesus for a long time because if a person is living with one foot in the world and one foot with God, are they truly saved? The bible says in Revelation 3:16 that straddling the fence is not acceptable. “So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth”
Are they truly saved? We’re talking about someone that has a lifestyle of one foot in and one foot out of the world.
How do you know if you are living as a Luke Warm Christian?
Some Characteristics to look for:
1. They mostly come to God when they have a problem. They do not Thank Him often or see Him at work in their life.
2. Their Christianity is “What can God do for me? How can He make my life better? If he doesn’t do what they ask for, they get mad at God and ask why.
3. They try to twist Scripture to justify their sin.
4. They think they are Christians because they do good deeds and go to church. But they live in sin 6 days a week and are holy only on Sunday.
5. They compromise with the world because it’s the most popular choice. Even though on the outside they say all the right Christian things, the inside says otherwise.
6. They fear hell so they want to be a Christian to save them from it but don’t obey God's word.
7. They lack repentance. They are not truly sorry for their sins nor do they really want to change. They say they're sorry but are still not willing to let God change them on the inside.
8. They think they’re saved because they compare themselves to others around them. They look at other church members who do worse than they do and think they're better.
9. They never or rarely share their faith and if they did it was to make them feel like they are pleasing God to get something from him.
10. They lack intimacy with God and do not know His voice. The bible does not come alive for them.
11. They are not willing to make sacrifices unless it best fits their agenda or plans. They have their minds made up.
Are Lukewarm Christians Saved?
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life and there are few who find it.
Shortly after that Jesus warns again, Mathew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Francis Chan said, “Lukewarm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to. They don't have to trust God if something unexpected happens- they have their savings account. They don't need God to help them- they have their retirement plan in place. They don't genuinely seek out what life God would have them live- they have life figured and mapped out. They don't depend on God on a daily basis- their refrigerators are full and, for the most part, they are in good health. The truth is, their lives wouldn't look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God.
Francis Chan Lukewarm people think about life on earth much more often than eternity in heaven. To sum it up in a simple sentence: lukewarm faith is faith that doesn’t affect the way you live. Lukewarm Christians don’t really want to be saved from their sins; they want to be saved from the consequences of their sins.”
How to overcome being a Luke Warm Christian: 6 easy steps
1. Pray, Acknowledge your need for Jesus. Repent of your sin and cry out to him. Worship him in song.
2. Value the wisdom and counsel of the Lord. Spend quiet time in God’s presence after you read his word.
3. Delight in sound biblical teaching. Listen daily to podcasts and other teachers of the word.
4. Prioritize choices that protect and honor your relationship with Jesus.
5. Position yourself away from sin; make better choices with the Holy Spirit's help. Create new habits.
6. Choose Jesus over and over again. Every day you have to start over again. Model righteousness. Model love. Encourage both. Choose ahead of time before you start your day to see the world the way Jesus does.
Our Special guest describes his walk with Christ pre-COVID and then how the Lord grabbed his attention while in the hospital with COVID and experienced a miracle.
Thanks for listening and don't forget to:
Subscribe to our Newsletter for your FREE T-shirt Today!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel