About this Episode
Thanks for joining us this week on the RIOT Podcast, a Christian podcast talking about today’s hot topics! This week Pete, Bob and Barry will be discussing Football, who they think will win the Super Bowl and introduce their special guest former NFL Quarterback Jay Schroeder. They will discuss what it takes to compete at a high level and having the mental toughness to continue on during the spiritual battles on and off the field. They also discuss how we can influence the next generation to succeed by encouraging and uplifting them within those areas within their lives.
Today’s Show Sponsor is SGF-Foundation.org
Jay shares who his greatest influencer was by sharing the quote, “Football is what I DO and not who I AM” – Homer Smith, UCLA Coach
It is more important of who you are, than what you do; how do you want to be remembered as a person?
Some scripture references:
Mental Toughness/Perseverance Verses
• Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
• James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you
• Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
• Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
• Proverbs 24:10 If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.
Having the right Attitude Verses
• Matthew 6:26-29 Jesus told stories that made people think. He urged them to reflect on the marvelous way God feeds the birds and clothes lilies with glorious beauty
• Philippians 4:8 provides a foolproof strategy to keep your thoughts positive and God-centered: “From now on, brothers and sisters, if anything is excellent and if anything is admirable, focus your thoughts on these things: all that is true, all that is holy, all that is just, all that is pure, all that is lovely, and all that is worthy of praise
• Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways
• Proverbs 17:22 ESV A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
• Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
• Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
• Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for your FREE T-shirt!