Today on the RIOT Podcast the guys will be unpacking hard bible passages and expound upon the meaning of them.
• Jesus said Let the Dead Bury the Dead (Matthew 8:22; Luke 9:60)
The way the wording of the young man’s request is presented means that the father was still living, and the son was asking for permission to fulfill his family duties until his father passed. So Jesus is heightening the urgency of his kingdom work and placing loyalty to his cause above cultural expressions of family loyalties.
• You Must Hate Your Parents, Spouse, Siblings, and Children (Matthew 10:37 Luke 14:26)
Mathew 10: 34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c] 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
• Sell What You Have (Matthew 19:21; Mark 10:17-22; Luke 18:22)
Matthew 19:21, "Jesus answered, 'If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.
• Cannibalism – This is a Prophesy given to Israel during prosperous times ( Deuteronomy 28:52-57, Then the Prophesy was fulfilled 2 kings 6:27
The Bible describes a God who is three times holy. He is HOLY. HOLY. HOLY. He is who He is, and He is not subject to our judgment or approval. He is glorified in the display of His mercy and He is glorified in the display of His judgments.
• Revelation 4:8 ESV And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come
• Psalm 96:9 Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; tremble before him, all the earth!
• Psalm 104:1 ESV Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty
• Why is understanding His Holiness important for us today?
Judgment will come upon all the earth one day
Revelation 20:11-15 “Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Thanks for listening and don't forget to:
Subscribe to our Newsletter for your FREE T-shirt Today!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel