About this Episode
Thanks for joining us this week on the RIOT Podcast, a Christian podcast talking about today’s hot topics! This week Pete, Bob and Barry will be discussing How to identify a Spiritual Attack with their special guest Rick Blythe of Encouraging God’s Servants.
SHOW SPONSOR: EGS – Encouraging God’s Servants
Ever felt like no matter what you say or do—something is out to get you? Well as a follower of God the Bible tells us that there is a cosmic war happening, and we are the battlefield. God wants us to follow Him, but there is an enemy (the devil) who is doing everything he can to make us choose anything else but God. It goes so far as to say the enemy seeks to steal, kill, and destroy us (John 10:10). He’s got a lot of experience and has a solid playbook. Now we're not saying every bad thing happening in your life is a supernatural attack, but there is an enemy working against us (1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour).
How do you know if we are under Spiritual Attack?
1. LOSS OF SPIRITUAL DESIRE. The goal of any spiritual attack is to turn you away from what God wants to do in your life.
2. PHYSICAL FATIGUE. Keep in mind that we are created beings—spirit, soul, and body. Many times we face our greatest attacks just before a great promotion by God or just after a great victory. Keep in mind when you’re going through it—an attack could very well be an indication that you are about to be promoted or just had a great victory. (Satan attacks our bodies)
3. WHEN THE RESOURCES GO DRY. There are times when it seems that all of your resources dry up at the same time. The enemy attacks to take your eyes off of God and put your eyes on money. If he can get you worrying rather than worshipping, you will start making decisions based on opportunity rather than anointing. Stay close to God in both the good times and the bad times.
4. WEAK PRAYER LIFE. Is it a weakening prayer life? “Could you not watch with Me one hour?” Jesus asked His disciples. Then He told them, “Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matt. 26:40-41).
5. FEELING OVERWHELMED AND HELPLESS. The word circumstance comes from two words: circum (encircle) and stance (stand). In other words, you are standing encircled by what’s going on. It doesn’t take long for feelings of being overwhelmed to lead to hopelessness. The Bible says, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick” (Prov. 13:12). It also tells us, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1). If the enemy can get you to lose hope, he can get you to stop living by faith.
6. OLD HABITS AND LIFESTYLES RESURFACE. These old sinful habits that your soul wants to fall back on when things aren’t going your way—things that indulge the flesh. If this begins to happen, do not ignore the warning conviction of the Holy Spirit.
7. PULLING AWAY FROM GODLY RELATIONSHIPS. Look around. Have you pulled out of relationships with people at church or with people in your small group? Are more and more of your friends carnally minded rather than spiritually minded? If so, you are stumbling around the battleground and the enemy has a target on your head.
How to battle against the spiritual Attack?
• Acknowledge there is an attack - be prepared in season and out of season 2 Tim 4
• Identify what kind of attack it is
• Put on the full armor of God and resist the devil -Ephesians 6:10-18
Now that we are prepared with our armor we are to be on the offensive and rebuke in prayer: 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Thanks for listening and don't forget to:
Subscribe to our Newsletter for your FREE T-shirt Today!
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel