In today’s recording of the RIOT PODCAST a Christian Podcast, the guys started the show off by introducing themselves and welcoming their Guest, Pastor Rodney Gage of Rethink Life Church in Orlando, FL. Bob then threw out the idea of taking a wonderful Mediterranean Trip with Mission Travel Tours. Pete quickly interjected about an 8-day tour to visit Turkey and taking the show on the road! (How fun would that be, right?!) They continued the show by talking about their next favorite subject other than Jesus, food! Pete enthusiastically shared that he had the best-tasting churros from the AMC Movie Theater located in Disney Springs in Orlando FL!
Barry invited Pastor Rodney Gage to share a little about his family and his 3 kids; he also shared his favorite bible verse:
James 1:2 (NKJV) My brethren count it all joy when you fall into various trials.
Pastor Rodney continued expanding about this Bible verse and then said: “How can you have Joy by going through pain and suffering? It’s because there’s a process. Sometimes God might allow us to go through hard times, to teach us, to define us, to really put us in a position to become more and more dependent upon him so we can learn.”
Bob then continued the show by discussing today's Topic “Tips on sharing our faith? Here are the main key points of this week’s episode:
1. God tells us in Matthew 28:18-20 ESV that All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus. He said go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that He has commanded them. And behold, He will be with them always, to the end of the age.”
2. To Spread God's Fame: We make God famous when we tell others about who He is and the good things He has done. When people know Jesus, God’s glory is known and shown (2 Corinthians 4:5-6).
3. To Give Hope to Others- Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
4. Because we Are Gods Spokespeople: 2 Cor 5:18-20 “All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
The guys then personally shared how they share their faith through social media and in person.
Here are some the of main points the guys discussed:
• Share Testimony of What God has done for you
• Share Scripture
• Share posts from your church
• Share prayers and praises
• Share God-centered resources people need
• Share your love with others by leaving an uplifting message
• Have an Intentional mindset to talk about spiritual things with people
• Ask questions about their Story
• Share how your story relates to their story- Find Common grounds
• Share God's story, how He helped your story that relates to their story.
Overall this episode with Pastor Rodney Gage is very impactful, especially to those who want to have a closer relationship with God. I highly recommend this episode. Today's show sponsor www.familyshift.com